Nick is a highly motivated and influential leader who has 25 years’ experience working in both Construction and Facilities Management.
He has previously held Senior Director Positions in multi-national companies, with a proven track record of driving strategy, performance, customer value and profitability.
He has a strong focus on Leadership and Accountability, a philosophy which he continues to promote with all organisations and people he engages with.
His personal experience and capability is wide-ranging, covering all of the following areas:
- Business Strategy and Business Planning, working with companies, large and small, to identify and clarify the strategic plan for the business and how to convert that into a structured Business Plan.
- Brand awareness and business development, evaluating brand position, impact on market penetration and turning this into an active programme to support business development and growth.
- Organic and acquisitive growth strategies, working with companies, their investment partners and equity holders.
- Organisational structure, using his experience, supported by proven models, to appraise current and proposed operating structures, identify performance improvement strategies.
- Change management, covering many aspects in the implementation of business strategy, whether local to specific contracts and facilities, or in a wider, holistic approach.
- Innovation and product development, both key ingredients for business to keep a leading edge in the market, working with organisations to develop active Innovation Plans inclusive of appraising the potential returns on investment.
- Leadership, looking at the difference between leadership and management in how an organisation functions most effectively.
- Customer satisfaction, working with organisations to develop meaningful systems to evaluate Customer satisfaction levels and construct improvement plans where appropriate.
- Workplace performance and efficiency, using innovative Occupancy Evaluation Programmes in assessing the efficiency of buildings and those who work within them, this subsequently being supported by improvement plans in either facilities or processes, drawing on specialised design support and simplified LEAN concepts.
Nick’s approach is to actively engage with Customers, analyse their specific needs, produce a definitive proposal to support them, and where appropriate engage in any reorganisation or improvement plans that arise.
He combines leadership skills, management theory and experience in delivering tangible results.
As such, he offers to work with companies in delivering Technical and Contractual support, at business wide and operational levels in all of the following areas:
- Health, Safety and Environmental
- Statutory compliance
- Commercial management and appraisal
- Service Level Agreements, Contracts and Specifications
- CAFM systems in FM delivery systems
- Contract mobilisation (incl HR and TUPE)
- Post Occupancy Evaluation
- Asset management and Capital Asset mapping
- Lifecycle design and capital investment
- Sustainability models: social, environmental and economic
- Capital projects design and management
Nick also works closely with industry bodies, trade associations and enterprise partnerships, looking to support the industry in which he works and facilitate knowledge share and continuous improvement. Supplementary to this is an active programme of working with two community based organisations and charities; sported. and Young Enterprise.
Nick is a Chartered Civil Engineer, with a Class 1 Honours Degree in Civil and Structural Engineering which he achieved at Sheffield University in 1986, and Member of the Institute of Civil Engineers. He is also a Certified Member of the British Institute of Facilities Management. In 2013 he was appointed as a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors.
He joined Taylor Woodrow Construction immediately after graduating and commenced on working on a varied range of construction projects throughout the UK; roads, rail and water infrastructure contracts, commercial property, retail and complex residential.
In 2007, whilst still working within the Taylor Woodrow Group, and VINCI post acquisition in 2008, he ventured into a new role leading the Facilities Management Business which he continued to do until leaving the company in 2012 and setting up his new business; Vision 4 Ltd.